Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Days of 47 Float Preview

I think I take more pictures in the month of July than the whole rest of the year. I LOVE July! I love our traditions for both the 4th and the 24th. It's a month full of memories of my Grandma Joy and the patriotism she taught me to have for this beautiful country we live in.

Every year we love to go to the float preview and see the floats up close, before they hit the streets. We vote for our favorite ones and then watch during the parade to see what awards each of our favorites won. It is interesting to see that each kid picks something different and at the parade they remember whose float is whose. One of the favorites this year was this one with hundreds of glittered crickets. They were mesmerizing.
They love to get their faces painted. The boys usually all pick the same thing, but Bennett branched out this year and to my disgust he picked a snack. Sorry, Ava. Maybe next year you can have a beautiful butterfly.

Ahhh! Don't eat me! This float won the Childrens Choice award. It was from How to Train your Dragon. I think our kids might have helped this one win.

No comments: