Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Bennett's 1st Day

Highland Park Elementary
Kindergartener

It's official. Bennett is now a kindergartener. I can't believe he is this big and that he is so independant. I was so proud of him on his first day. He didn't know any other kids in his class, but yet he was so excited to meet them and make friends.
He happily said goodbye to Carter, Ava, and me and then walked right into class without looking back. I cried as I left him there. Tears of sadness that my baby is entering into the big phase of school, but also tears of pride at how well adjusted and brave he was. There were many worrisome days over the summer where he was terrified of the idea of going to school. It was good to see a complete turn around.


After he walked in the door, I peaked through the window just as he was hanging up his backpack he looked up and I caught this picture of him. Oh, he is so cute. This is when the tears started and even writing about it brings the tears back. I am just so proud of him. I love you, my little kindergartener!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christy said...

I am going to have to see that picture since it does not show on my stupid computer. I am having Brian, my tech guy, take a look at it tomorrow!!