Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Days of 47 Parade

I LOVE a good parade and you can't go wrong with this one. I have such good memories of going to the parade with my grandma when I was a little girl. I can still remember her kind of bouncing up and down and clapping her hands as the marching bands went by, wearing her big black sunglasses and always in a patriotic shirt. I love that my grandma taught me to be patriotic and to love and respect the American flag for all that it symbolizes. Now when I go to the parade and the flag goes by with a marching band closely following, I fill so proud that I am an American and the grand daughter of Eva Joy Johnson. Thank you grandma, for starting such a great tradition. I hope I can continue to pass it on.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jeff&Rachel said...

my favorite day of the year in SLC! glad you had fun