Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Ice Castles

Today we journeyed up to Midway to the Zermat Resort to see the ice castles. I am still in shock when I look at the pictures, that we were actually there and walking through this amazing work of art. The kids were so excited to hike in the icicles. Carter and Aiya couldn't keep their mouths of the ice.

This is the first thing we saw as we drove up the rode. At this point the kids were jumping out of their seats with excitement. We could not get their hats and gloves on them fast enough.

Above is the largest castle, right in front of where we parked. There was only one other party there, which was nice not to have to worry about our kids getting away in a crowd and we were able to take our own sweet time.

This is what I saw of Carter the whole time. He would not stop long enough to look at the camera. He was a boy on a mission.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jeff&Rachel said...

Amazing! The pictures make it look like the kids are in some sort of fantasy world. I'm sure their little imaginations were running wild. Is that an exhibit they do every year?

Stephanie said...

This looks so fun!

Meme said...

Rachel, they were running wild. I'm not sure they even had time to imagine they were so excited. I'm not sure if this was the first year or if they will do it again. I hope so. It really was amazing.